Aromachology studies the effect of aroma upon human psychology. Specific scents stimulate the olfactory pathways in the brain and can sub-consciously induce feelings of reassurance, confidence, relaxation, happiness and well-being, amongst other emotions. It is said to differ from Aromatherapy, which is associated with the use of essential oils to enhance wellbeing in a physical way however aromatherapy for mental health and wellbeing and quality of life in challenging circumstances forms the larger part of professional aromatherapy.
I have been using both the Aromatherapy & Aromachology in our home lately.
- We have Outback Aromas candles to light our way, Essential oils to – e.g. energising, confidence boosting
- Lavender & Jasmine washing powder to help with keeping calm and create sleep at night.
- Chamomile – Tea for any time with a friend
- Eating healthy with plenty of fruit, vegetables & water.
- Soy Shots to smell at any time for connections with fragrance and memory.
It’s helped our family to achieve some healing in the home. Give it a go if you need to unwind.
Some of Outback Aromas Essential Oil candle range
|Sage Sweet grass Cedar|
|Sandalwood & Jaz|
|Sandalwood & Lime|